Behind the Scenes
Original book cover concept
Did you know that ....
1) The book originally began with The Prologue... which described an experience that occurred six years prior to the events shared in Taken From The Night. It was removed in the final edit per the editor's suggestion.
2) The original manuscript was 458 pages... that means roughly 200 pages were removed in the editing process.
3) The character "Bo" eventually became my Marketing Manager and a star witness to many of the events in the book.
4) Preceding the Smashing Idol finale on the river bank, the first location choice was a picnic area in the nearby State Park. That was until the Park Ranger became curious of our activity. We quickly left the scene with the sledge hammer, daggers, etc. to avoid persecution.
5) Taken From The Night was edited by the same editor who worked on Frank Peretti's novel, Illusion.
6) The book's cover designer Dave Aldrich also co-designed the cover for the best selling book, "The Shack".
7) The book had another title in consideration which was "Full Circle" but was voted out because of the numerous other books with the same title.
8) The vision that begins with global warming and takes me to the mountain top actually occurred on the brink of the Millennium.